Paulo Coelho said in The Alchemist that “the simple things are also the most extraordinary things.” He obviously knew about these cookies.
Baking doesn’t always have to be fancy or complicated or beautiful. Sometimes, just plain easy and delicious is what’s needed.
(Sorry there’s not more photos, they were demolished by some of our class students pretty sharpish.)
I’d seen this recipe around on Pinterest for ages. I can’t find where it originally came from as there’s loads of variations, the version below is the one I used though. ‘Cups’ in the recipe are american measuring cups. (If you don’t have any there’s some ridiculously cute ones here.)
3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
1 Cup of Nutella
1 Large of Free Range Egg
1 Cup of Self Raising Flour
1. Put everything in a bowl and mix, start with a spoon and finish with your hands.
2. Mould into a sausage shape and cut into slices.
3. Lay the slices onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper, with gaps between to allow for them to spread.
4. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 180C for about 10 minutes until the cookies have changed colour slightly and don’t feel sticky to the touch.
5. Enjoy and don’t tell anyone how easy they were.
Have you tried them? What did you think? Is simple best when it comes to Nutella cookies..?