This week we’re continuing the jubilee theme with a royal crown for her majesty! Its so simple to do and will look fantastic on your jubilee cupcakes.
What you’ll need…
Sugarpaste Coloured Yellow (either pre-coloured or using Egg Yellow Gel Colour)
Non Stick Smooth Rolling Mat
Angled Palette Knife
Star Cutters (Set of 3)
Edible Glue & Paintbrush
Gold Lustre Dust
Cupcake with Piped Swirl
1. Roll out your yellow sugarpaste and using your palette knife, cut a strip. Using a point of your largest star cutter cut out triangles from one side of your strip until you have roughly 7 points.
2. Then roll your strip round until the ends are touching. Glue together. Then pinch the points a little to shape them, but leaving enough on top for your sugar pearls to sit on.
3. While still fresh, glue a pearl to the end of each point, then adjust the shape if needs be and leave to dry.
4. Once dry, put some gold lustre dust in a bowl and add a little rejuventor spirit until it forms a “painting” consistency. Then paint your crown, being carfeul not to paint your pearls but covering as much of the yellow as possible.
5. Sit atop your royal cupcake and admire. How majestic!