Halloween is nearly here! It’s such a brilliant cupcake decorating occasion. We love an excuse to make some grizzly, gruesome cupcakes which hardly ever see the light of day during the other 364 days of the year.
We thought we’d shared the ghoulish cupcake love and show you how to make our favourite little cupcake ghosts.
– Angled palette knife
– Piping bags
– Piping nozzle (we used a Wilton 1M but it doesn’t really matter too much as the piped part it won’t be seen.)
– Large circle cutter
– Edible pen
1. Top your cupcake with flat buttercream icing using the angled palette knife.
2. Pipe a tall, slim swirl in the centre of the cupcake.
3. Roll out your white sugarpaste and cut a large circle out.
4. Use the end of your rolling pin to shape the circle into a ghostly shape. Pinch the ‘skirt’ to give it shape.
5. Sit the ghost on top of your buttercream swirl and give him some eyes using your edible pen.
The products we used are available from our online shop.
Enjoy your spooky cupcakes! x